Thursday, April 09, 2009

I am captivated

My friend and congregant died a few weeks ago. He was quite sick. AIDS, cancer, blood clots, paranoia ... it was a tough road that he walked, but he did so with honor, dignity and laughter.

When he died I met his family and his powers of attorney at his apartment. He lived at Chicago House in an efficiency. Amoung his most treasured possessions were his tv, vcr/dvd player, movies, and his puppet stage. Somehow, I ended up with all of those.

When he was alive, somehow I missed his video of Judy in Concert sitting on his shelf. How I wish we had watched this together. Well, I guess we are because I do believe in life eternal. But oh how I miss his laughter and his tears. He allowed himself to do both easily.

We didn't know that each of us had the cd of Judy at Carnegie Hall. Now I have 2 copies.

I am completely smitten, once again, with this amazing woman. Now that I am older I appreciate her beauty and talent even more.

And I love love love when she throws the microphone cord over her shoulder, don't you, Tom?

No comments: