Monday, November 17, 2008

Harriet's Daughter posted about the American Family Association's product called "The Original Christmas Cross earlier today. Here is a picture of this product.



One of the folks who commented to the post left the contact link to the AFA. Here is what I wrote to the AFA, and here is the link if you want to write. https://store.afa.net/t-contact.aspx

Please write to them.

******************************************

As a white Christian and a Pastor I am abhorred at your Christmas Cross. This faux burning cross is a racist symbol. As you are no doubt well aware, racist and evil white men have burned crosses on the yards of Black churches and Black homes for years.

In whose yard is this supposed to be displayed, the purchaser or the purchaser's victim? Has the burning cross strategy changed, now that we have an African American president-elect? Do we display faux burning crosses as a symbol of our racism and evil in our own yards?

In the name of our beloved Christ, I implore you to pull this product immediately and to issue an apology to African Americans.

1 comment:

Chloe Prince said...

When I first seen this, I did a double take - I wasn't sure if this was some sort of Christmas Decoration and was poorly photo graphed, or if it was indeed a cross on fire!?

Closer inspection reveals that this is just a cross with white lights around it - so that leave me with deciding, is this done out of Malice or Unmindfulness?

I know its just a cross for Christmas - but seriously, this looks like a cross on fire from the curb view - I would NOT want that on my door step... that’s for sure!