Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Liturgy Change for May




This month I am departing somewhat from our normal liturgy. Generally we speak a unison confession and then I offer an assurance of pardon. For the month of May I have folded those two elements together.

This Eastertide I have been feeling the tension between rejoicing in the resurrection and being forthright about the experiences of brokeness and death in all of our lives. Naming it and speaking it out-loud together is important.


THE RESPONSIVE CALL to WORSHIP
Leader: We are not alone.
People: Sometimes life gets lonely.
Leader: We are not an accident.
People: Sometimes accidents in life are devastating.
Leader: We are bearers of Good News.
People: Sometimes bad news is overwhelming.
Leader: In all times and circumstances God is with us.
People: We rely on God’s love and presence.
Leader: Lift up your heads and your hearts.
People: We lift them up in hope and praise.


PRAYER OF CONFESSION AND PARDON      
Today I choose to remember that Love is my foundation. I open myself up to the mercy and grace of God. This week I have not always made the right choices. Help me, Holy Love, to open up to your forgiveness. Today I choose to bless instead of curse; to love instead of hate; to reconcile instead of fight. Today, O God, I choose your path of wonder and beauty.

No comments: