Friday, May 01, 2015

Eastertide Struggle



Eastertide Struggle

I read the news
and am filled with sadness
fear
and hopelessness

I mull the devastations of the day
until I cannot eat
can barely breathe

My garden is beginning to bloom
Lettuce is growing in the greenhouse
Water flows easily from my faucets
Food fills my cupboards

Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus
and
Looking forward to Pentecost’s exuberance
offer little condolence to the atrocities happening all over

Suddenly strength comes to me
Strength of Resurrection
Strength of the Pentecost breeze

Prayers of blessing flow
for healing
for life
for fifth or fiftieth chances

I forgot that celebrating Easter and Pentecost
isn’t about me being saved or holy
It is about me
being involved

in prayers of blessing
actions toward life
getting in the way
to be vulnerable
in love

By Rev AnnMarie Kneebone


2 comments:

Lynn Young said...

about being involved, staying IN the work of engagement, and prayer, yes, yes, and yes again!

Lynn Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.